HOW DOES IT WORK ?
- First I will meet you face to face, wherever you live, Dorking, Dallas or Delhi. You might be a relative of the person you wish me to record or you could be the subject of my recordings.
- All audio biographies will be recorded chronologically. So I will record your life story from the event of your birth through to your current life, no matter what your current age.
- Each audio session will take about 90 minutes.
A DECADE PER SESSION
- Each audio session will record up to ten years of your life at any one time.
- If you are 60 years old you will require 6 recording sessions in total.
ONE DAY BETWEEN EACH SESSION
- I will normally recommend at least a day's interval between each session to allow you enough time to collect your thoughts and perhaps to take advice from friends and family who have lived through the decade with you.
MEMORABILIA FROM THE PAST
- I will also ask you to search out various pieces of memorabilia from each specific decade to help nudge your thoughts along during our interviews, these pieces could be anything from your past such as an old bus ticket, theatre programme or a much loved teddy, it doesn't much matter, so long as it means something to you.
- All recordings are intended to be strictly confidential therefore I will bring a legal agreement to this effect with me.
CHOOSE A ROOM
- For our recording sessions, you should select one particular room, probably in your home. From past experience it's usually been a good idea to find a space where the familiar sounds and ambience of your favourite room will represent something special to you and your family and friends.
UNEXPECTED THERAPEUTIC VALUE
- For most interviewees, the chance to roll back the years in chronological order has given them a rare opportunity to make sense of their own lives, often for the first time. So the chance to create an audio biography has proved to be an unexpected therapeutic and healing experience for them. What's more you will enjoy it !